Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
Dan Schecter handles and tries highstakes intellectual property and complex commercial cases, with a particular emphasis on representing California companies involved in cross-border disputes involving technology and media. Schecter’s practice focuses on litigating and trying to verdict intellectual property, technology and entertainment cases and complex business disputes. He has prevailed in jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations taken to verdict or decision with more than $3 billion in claimed damages at stake, and in the past year won major victories in jury trial and arbitration, and successfully fended off intellectual property challenges to his clients’ core technology in trade secret and false advertising cases.
His recent cases have broad reach and impact. For example, in a case named among the Daily Journal’s “Top Defense Verdicts of 2016,” Schecter led a Latham team that won a complete defense verdict in a federal jury trial. Schecter represented a major Dubaibased bank facing a $1.6 billion claim by a California-based fintech company, InfoSpan, asserting trade secret misappropriation and fraud. Ultimately, the jury rejected InfoSpan’s account and returned a complete defense verdict as to all claims.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT A. EDELMAN
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: ROBYN C. CROWTHER
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MICHAEL DE VRIES
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Intellectual Property Firm Attorney of the Year - Rick Richmond
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JOSHUA HAMILTON