Partner, Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
Robyn Crowther is a trial lawyer whose practice covers all manner of complex commercial disputes, with particular experience in trade secret matters and copyright enforcement. Her matters have involved civil trials and arbitration before various tribunals including JAMS, AAA, FINRA and various state and federal courts. Recently she has handled cases interpreting the scope of licenses in developing technologies including the Internet and mobile applications.
Among her current work, Crowther serves as lead counsel in various matters for EVOX, for which she pursues enforcement actions to protect EVOX’s copyrights and other intellectual property. In January of this year, Crowther secured an order of partial summary judgment against KAYAK Software Corporation establishing the validity of EVOX’s copyrights, and also defeated KAYAK’s motion for summary judgment. After the Court granted a second motion for summary judgment supporting EVOX’s interpretation of the scope of its contract with KAYAK, the case was settled on the eve of trial on terms very favorable to EVOX. In addition, Crowther has successfully defended claims asserted against various television properties.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ROBYN C. CROWTHER
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: LAWRENCE ISER
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BEN WANG
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: RHONDA TROTTER
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: ROBYN CROWTHER
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MATTHEW L. SEROR
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KATHERINE DUGDALE
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MICHAEL GARFINKEL