Co-chair, Litigation Department; Head, Intellectual Property Department, Russ August & Kabat LLP
Marc Fenster specializes in high tech patent litigation. He started his career at Irell & Manella. Since joining Russ August & Kabat (RAK) in 2003, when he founded the patent litigation practice at RAK, Fenster has built one of the top patent litigation practices in the country, with over 25 patent litigators. RAK has consistently been in the top five firms in terms of plaintiff patent cases filed for the last four years. He has been lead counsel in over ten patent cases, including three trials in the last year, with RAK securing victories for its clients in each case.
Among the recent cases that Fenster served as lead counsel for recently was the Core Wireless v. Apple case. Fenster was lead counsel in a trial against Apple for infringement of two standards essential patents involving cellular technology. The RAK team obtained a jury verdict of infringement and no invalidity on both patents. This appears to be the first time Apple has lost a patent case in the Northern District of California.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Marc Fenster
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Ben Wang
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: BENJAMIN T. WANG
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BEN WANG
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Benjamin T. Wang
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: IRENE Y. LEE
- D.C. Firm Makes Power Play for Midwest Duo
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MORGAN CHU