SGN renames itself Jam City as well as acquires rights to ‘Peanuts’ franchise, ULA sends Pentagon letter criticizing SpaceX explosions, Tinder invests in Hey Vina!, and more.
SGN Renames Itself Jam City, Acquires ‘Peanuts’ Franchise
SGN has renamed itself Jam City in a rebranding effort aimed at better reflecting its portfolio of games, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The Culver City-based company also announced that it has acquired rights to comic strip “Peanuts,” which it will release as a mobile game later this year.
ULA Sends Pentagon Letter Criticizing SpaceX Explosions
United Launch Alliance has sent a letter to the Pentagon criticizing the track record of its rival Space Exploration Technologies Corp. after that company has experienced two rocket explosions in about a year, reports the Washington Post. ULA Chief Executive Tory Bruno said the accidents should raise concerns about going with the lowest bidder on sensitive national security launch contracts.
Tinder Invests in Hey! Vina
Online dating app Tinder invested an undisclosed amount in Hey! Vina, a social networking app, according to the company’s blog. The app acquired 100,000 users within its first two weeks on the app and Tinder Chief Executive Sean Rad has pledged to help it grow its user base further.
Elon Musk to Make His Pitch for Colonizing Mars
Elon Musk will deliver an aerospace speech on Sept. 27 at the International Astronautical Conference in Guadalajara, Mexico, which will layout potential architectures for sustaining humans on the Red Planet that industry, government, and the scientific community can collaborate on, reports Ars Technica. Being that SpaceX could not afford the flights to Mars alone, some are questioning whether Musk can convince the government and private businesses to foot the bill.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SGN Renames Itself Jam City, Acquires Rights to ‘Peanuts’ Franchise
- Elon Musk Goes to Pentagon: Silicon Beach Afternoon Report
- SpaceX Poised to Win Government Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 30: Amazon Studios to Move into Culver Studios
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 28: SpaceX’s Musk: Less Than 5 Percent of Company Working on Mars Mission
- SpaceX Runs Down All Rocket Explosion Leads, Sabotage Included
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 10: Tinder Aims for $800 Million