Comparably hires eHarmony’s president Armen Avedissian, LeEco buys production studio Dichotomy Creative Group, and Snapchat increases ad targeting.
Comparably Hires eHarmony’s President Armen Avedissian
Comparably of Santa Monica announced it has hired eHarmony’s former President Armen Avedissian as it as its chief marketing officer, reports the L.A. Business Journal. Avedissian worked at eHarmony while the dating service was developing its Elevated Careers job matching website.
LeEco Buys Production Studio Dichotomy Creative Group
Online media company LeEco of China announced that it had acquired production studio Dichotomy Creative Group, according to a press release. Dichotomy is led by Adam Goodman, former president of the Paramount Pictures' Motion Pictures Group and President of Production at DreamWorks.
Snapchat Increases Ad Targeting
Snapchat has launched a new advertising feature, called Snap Audience Match, which lets marketers target existing customers using anonymized email address data and mobile device IDs, reports the Wall Street Journal. Per Chief Executive Evan Spiegel’s declaration that ad targeting is “creepy,” the firm will not use any personally identifiable data when executing these ad campaigns.
Tastemade Produces First Virtual Reality Video
Food and travel media company Tastemade has published its first virtual reality video, which is called “A Perfect Day in Los Angeles” and is a five-minute tour of the city, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, reports DigiDay. The film is an ode to Los Angeles and show places and things that most people either don’t know about or don’t have access to.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles May Have Virtual Edge on Content
- Comparably Hires eHarmony’s President Armen Avedissian
- Silicon Beach Report July 26: Neil Clark Warren Steps Down as eHarmony’s CEO
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Snapchat Has Lead in Augmented Reality
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: Snapchat Eyeing IPO
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 6: Snapchat Projected to Generate Nearly $1 Billion Next Year
- Silicon Beach Report July 19: Snapchat Confirms Bitstrips Acquisition