Comparably of Santa Monica announced it has hired eHarmony’s former President Armen Avedissian as it as its chief marketing officer.
Avedissian worked at eHarmony while the dating service was developing its Elevated Careers job matching website. Comparably, which collects data on salaries and company cultures, also announced it would be rolling out a job matching product in the coming months.
Avedissian was hired to help acquire additional users and scale its business, said Jason Nazar, Comparably’s chief executive and co-founder.
“Armen is one of the most seasoned tech execs in SoCal,” he said. “He’s absolutely incredible at big data analysis and scaling consumer brands.”
Comparably has gathered salary and company culture information from about 10,000 tech companies, which is available to view on its website for free. The company is aiming to generate revenue by using that underlying data in a paid service that will better match employees to companies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Comparably Hires eHarmony’s President Armen Avedissian
- Los Angeles May Have Virtual Edge on Content
- Westwood Match for Dating Site
- Solar Firm Plans Record-Breaking Hot Property
- Pivot to Profit
- Car Leasing App Garners Auto, VC Investment
- EHarmony Wants to Find Your Dream Job, Too
- Docstoc Founder Launches Salary Comparison Startup