Former Ticketmaster Chief Executive Fredric D. Rosen is preparing to challenge the company he once piloted to dominance.
A five-year-old Canadian ticketing concern called Outbox Technology Inc. plans Monday to announce Mr. Rosen as the CEO of a new U.S. subsidiary, Outbox Enterprises LLC. The new U.S. entity is a partnership among the Canadian company, Mr. Rosen and Cirque du Soleil Inc., for which Outbox has sold tickets for several years.
Outbox Enterprises' approach will differ significantly from that of Ticketmaster, now a part of Live Nation Entertainment Inc. Instead of listing and selling tickets for thousands of events on a single, centralized website, the new company plans to offer a so-called white-label service that will enable clients such as concert venues, festivals and sports teams to sell tickets to consumers directly from their own websites.
•CLICK HERE to read the Wall Street Journal story.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corp Focus
- SquadUp Shoots for High End
- Update: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Merger Closes
- Ticketmaster Looks to Dominate All Things Ticketing
- Ticketmaster to Acquire Star Power in Azoff Deal
- Ticketmaster Looks to D.C. To Restrict Rival’s Resales
- Live Nation, Ticketmaster Defend Merger at Hearing
- Ticketmaster Looks for Growth Abroad