Santa Monica’s Atom Tickets significantly expanded its share in the movie ticketing service market, announcing May 28 that it struck a deal with Cinemark, the third-largest movie theater exhibitor in the U.S.
Atom Tickets will begin ticket services for Cinemark, which has 4,500 U.S. movie screens, according to an Atoms Ticket announcement. Atoms Ticket said that they currently providing ticketing services for over 26,000 movie screens.
The 7-year-old company has specifically focused on this one thread of the ticketing services market – movie ticketing – and the company has raised more than $100 million in venture capital financing.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or email@example.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ticket Vendor Expands View
- Justice Department to Review 70-Year-Old Movie Consent Decrees
- Fandango Taking on Moviefone In Battle of Online Ticket Sellers
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: Atom Tickets Inks Deal with Landmark Theatres
- MOVIE MAKEOVER
- MOVIES --- Theater Chains Hope Joint Web Site Will Be Jolt to Ticket Sales
- Live Nation Announces Growth, Explores Real Estate, Bigger Ticket Fees
- Live Nation Buys Three Local Music Spots