Space X has raised over $1 billion in the last six months as it seeks to bolster its plans to build a network of satellites in space, new filings show.
SEC filings posted on May 24 show that Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. brought in $535 million in an April fundraising round and $486 million from a December fundraising round.
The details emerged a day after Space X launched 60 Starlink satellites from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
The effort is part of a plan to build a network of 11,000 interconnected satellites that would provide global internet connectivity.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Rachel Uranga can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 549-5225 ext. 251. Follow her on Twitter @racheluranga
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Relativity Space Can Launch Rockets From Cape Canaveral
- SpaceX Gears Up for Manned Space Flight
- Recruiting Platform Cluster Raises $1.9M With Plans to Expand
- Romeo Power Raises $88M
- Mattel Taps Former Disney Channel Exec to Helm TV Division
- Handbag Brand Hammitt Raises $2M
- Warehouse Tech Platform Flowspace Raises $12M
- On-Demand Storage Company Clutter Raises $200M From SoftBank Vision Fund