LiveXLive signs Tencent deal; Phyn gains $12 million; Hello Sunshine links with Audible
Smart water management software developer Phyn Inc. announced May 9 it received a $12 million investment from its parent companies, Playa Vista-based wireless technology firm Belkin International and Helsinki-based water delivery provider Uponor. Phyn spokesperson said the funding will go towards product development, and further expansion in U.S. and global markets, the Business Journal reports.
West Hollywood-based LiveXLive Media Inc. inked a deal with Tencent Video, a Chinese video platform, to stream a Las Vegas music festival to viewers in China, Socaltech reports. LiveXLive reports it granted Tencent rights to distribute its livestream of the EDC Las Vegas music festival throughout China from May 17 to May 19. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Reese Witherspoon’s Santa Monica-based media firm Hello Sunshine is taking its mission to tell women’s stories to the audiobook sector thanks to a new deal with audiobook publisher Audible Inc. The deal is for three audio memoirs that are co-produced with Audible exclusively for Audible’s platform, Variety reports.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Hello Sunshine Considers Book Subscription Box
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 21: Streamer Loop Media Acquires ScreenPlay
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: GumGum Gets Blue Jackets’ Biz
- Silicon Beach Report May 17: Aerojet Rocketdyne, Spacex Chosen for Moon Lander Project
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Looking to Raise More Cash at $2 Billion Valuation
- Phyn Water Management System Raises $12M
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: Burbank-based CareerArc Expands