An office building in El Segundo has sold for $170 million, brokerage Madison Partners Inc. announced June 24.
A joint venture between Ocean West Capital Partners and Lionstone Investments purchased the roughly 318,000-square-foot building at 777 Aviation Blvd. from Westbrook Partners and Embarcadero Capital Partners.
Madison Partners’ Bob Safai, Matt Case and Brad Schlaak represented both parties in the transaction.
Madison Partners also secured more than $114 million in financing, which came from SunTrust Bank.
It is the third time Madison Partners has sold the building. In addition to offices, it has a three-story atrium, a fitness center, conference rooms and a cafe.
"It had recently undergone a major, complete renovation. ... It's effectively a brand-new building," Case said.
The current owners bought the property as a vacant building and spent two years renovating it. It's now 72% leased. "There's not much to do other than lease up the remaining 28%," Case said.
He added that Westbrook Partners and Embarcadero Capital Partners bought the building as a value-add property that they intended to hold for five years. They'd planned to put it on the market this fall but decided instead to accept an off-market offer.
Commercial real estate reporter Hannah Madans can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @HannahMadans
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- El Segundo Building Sold for $31M, Plans Call for Expansion, WeWork Space
- El Segundo Office Tower Sells for $138.5M
- Apartment Ramp-Up to Plateau, Brokerage Says
- Office Building Leased to Boeing Sells for $51 Million
- Radiology Partners Signs $33M Lease in El Segundo
- Skydance Pays $321M for Lantana Buildings in Santa Monica
- Beverly Hills Site Acquired for $130M, Luxury Residential and Retail Planned
- ServiceTitan Expands HQ in Glendale