Meditation app Headspace acquires artificial intelligence conversation developer; geolocation data company Factual raises $42 million; Netflix hires former Disney executive as head of global products
The Business Journal reports Santa Monica-headquartered meditation app Headspace has acquired artificial intelligence conversation developer Alpine.AI, based in San Francisco. The acquisition of Alpine.AI will allow Headpace to incorporate AI into its meditation app, which it hopes to market as a licensed prescription by 2020.
Geolocation data provider Factual Inc.’s total funding now sits at $104 million following a $42 million funding round featuring participation from Upfront Ventures and Felicis Ventures. The Business Journal reports Factual will use the funds to cement its presence in Singapore in order to gain further access to the Asia-Pacific market.
According to Socaltech, Netflix Inc. has tapped Christie Fleischer, formerly vice president of Walt Disney Co. Parks and Resorts to be its global head of products. Fleischer will work in Netflix’s office in Hollywood and oversee a myriad of tasks, including licensee partnerships, publishing and merchandising.
You May Also Like
- Santa Monica-Based Headspace Acquires Alpine.AI
- Meditation App Headspace Raises $34 Million from Celebrity Investors
- Headspace Inc. Wants to Fill Meditation Rx
- Deals & Dealmakers: WndrCo’s Privacy Play
- Headspace Creates Rx Meditation App
- Factual Inc. Funding Climbs to $104 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 3: Tesloop Ride Sharing Service Expands
- Silicon Beach Report March 3: Virgin Galactic Spins off Satellite Launch Division