Thomas Wehinger serves as the General Counsel for Regent LP, a boutique private equity firm in Beverly Hills, and is responsible for all legal matters at both the corporate level and within its nine portfolio companies. He joined Regent LP as its first in-house counsel in June 2016 and was promoted to General Counsel in April 2017.
Before joining Regent LP, Wehinger was a Finance Associate at Latham & Watkins, LLP, representing lenders and borrowers in international finance transactions. Prior to moving to the U.S., Wehinger worked in the Corporate & Commercial team of Walder Wyss Ltd., one of Switzerland’s leading corporate law firms, where he represented public and private buyers and sellers in international M&A transactions. Combined with his communication skills (he speaks four languages), these positions have strengthened his legal skills in finance and corporate law and helped him specialize in venture capital and private equity transactions as well as the drafting of commercial agreements and corporate governance.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Thomas Wehinger
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: RISING STAR CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Tyler Theobald
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Tyler Theobald
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Cori Cardwell