Kim Matthews is an accomplished legal executive with over 22 years of in-house experience in the health and wellness, retail, telecom, regulatory and franchise arenas holding in-house positions in various mega-companies such as MCI (now Verizon), Jenny Craig/Nestle, Hot Topic and Torrid. She believes that a successful in-house attorney should partner with the business units to minimize risk, increase productivity, reduce costs and meet and exceed business goals.
Matthews is currently the Vice President and General Counsel of Hot Topic, BoxLunch, and Her Universe brands -- a position she has held since April 2015. As head of the company’s legal department she focuses on, among other things, Direct to Consumer license agreements with major studios and networks, IP portfolio management, compliance, IP claims, vendor compliance, employment matters, and outside counsel management. She is pursuing her MBA at Temple University where she will be graduating this year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Private Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Kim Matthews
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Nicole Diaz
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Nicole Diaz
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JENNIER WOO BURNS
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Charles LaChaussee
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Mid-Size Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Lisa L. Kim