Uber to test air taxis in Los Angeles; Snapchat hosts Creators Summit; Arrowroot pours $38 million into ClickFox.
At the second annual Uber Elevate summit in Los Angeles this week, Uber announced plans to test its air taxis by 2020 and launch commercial use in 2023, Dallas News reports. The report says Los Angeles would be on the testing ground sites along with Dallas and Dubai. The long-term goal is to make the service as cheap as the car service.
Snap Inc. Chief Executive Evan Spiegel hosted 13 of Snapchat’s top creators for a dinner and summit, Techcrunch reports. Snap had a reputation of losing creators to Instagram and Youtube and the report says the gathering was an effort to reinvest creators in the product.
Santa Monica-based private equity firm Arrowroot Capital has invested $38 million into Denver-based ClickFox, a data analytics software developer, Socaltech reports. Arrowroot typically invests in business-to-business software companies.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 11: SpaceX Launches Block 5 on Second Try
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Lyft Grows Three Times Faster Than Uber
- Silicon Beach Report May 2: Soothe Raises $31 Million, Heads to Vegas
- Silicon Beach Report March 26: Study Says SoCal Tech Scene Leaving $100B on Table
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: Snap Discussing Office in Saudi Arabia
- Silicon Beach Report May 1: Snapchat Stock Plummets
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: Snapchat Posts Ad Referencing Domestic Violence, Stock Drops 4 Percent