Ring launches Neighbors app; SpaceX Block 5 strives for reusability, Cornerstone OnDemand adds to board.
Smart doorbell and security startup Ring announced the launch of an app called Neighbors, Geekwire reports. The app will be free and allow Ring users to share video with neighbors to help prevent package theft, robberies and other home security issues.
SpaceX will debut the Block 5 version of the company’s Falcon 9 May 10, the most advanced upgrade of the rocket to date and the last major version of the vehicle that SpaceX plans to make, the Verge reports. Block 5 is designed to improve the Falcon 9’s reusability, which could help SpaceX realize its costly, long-term plans.
Cornerstone OnDemand, the Santa Monica-based human capital management company, announced the nomination of three board of directors, Socaltech reports. Up for election will be Elisa Steele, chief executive of Jive Software; Marcus Ryu, chief executive of Guidewire Software; and Richard Haddrill, vice chairman of Scientific Games Corp. Steele will serve as the chairwoman.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 11: SpaceX Launches Block 5 on Second Try
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quarterback Gets $2.5 Million to Boost E-Sports Efforts
- Snap Replaces CFO With Amazon Vet
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 6: Facebook Joins Forces With MomentFeed Startup
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: China's Tencent Takes 12 Percent Stake in Snap as Shares Plunge
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: Mobile Game Developer Wonder Raises $14 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 16: SpaceX to Build Big Falcon Rocket
- Garcetti Announces SpaceX Will Build Big Falcon Rocket at Port of L.A.