ServiceTitan named Top 25 cloud company to work for; Fandango and Atom Tickets partner with
Instagram; White House to speak with 38 tech companies.
In a report put out by GlassDoor and Battery Ventures, Glendale-based ServiceTitan was named the 23rd best cloud company to work for in the United States. The report says ServiceTitan Chief Executive Ara Mahdessian has an 89 percent approval rating.
Competitors Fandango and Atom Tickets both announced a partnership with Instagram that will allow users to purchase movie tickets directly on the social media app, Deadline reports. This gives both companies access to 200 million Instagram users and gives studios a direct way to lure millennials to the theatres.
The White House plans to bring in executives from Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intel and 34 other major U.S. companies this week as it seeks to learn more about powerful robots, algorithms and the broader field of artificial intelligence, the LA Times reports via the Washington Post. The Trump administration intends to ask academics, government officials and AI developers about ways to adapt regulations to advance AI in agriculture, healthcare and transportation, according to a draft schedule of the event, as well as discuss the U.S. government's power to fund cutting-edge research into such technologies as machine learning.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report March 8: Atom Tickets Raises $60 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 23: ServiceTitan Grabs $62 Million in Series C
- ServiceTitan Raises $62 Million in Series C Funding
- Silicon Beach Report May 4: Google Partners with Fandango
- Silicon Beach Report March 13: OpenX Reports Over $170 Million in 2017 Revenue
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: Atom Tickets Inks Deal with Landmark Theatres
- Reliam Acquires Stratalux
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 10: Soylent Launches Coffee Drink