Hulu hits 20 million subscribers; eHarmony data scientist hired by Facebook; On-Demand car wash coming to Los Angeles.
Hulu has topped 20 million subscribers, CNN Money reports. Hulu's numbers still lag far behind Netflix which has about 55 million U.S. subscribers and 125 million global subscribers. However, Hulu is trying to establish itself as the top alternative while Apple and Amazon also crank up their original content.
Dr. Steve Carter, a former data scientist for the Santa Monica-based online dating company eHarmony, was hired in late 2017 by Facebook Inc. to work out of the Los Angeles office, Techcrunch reports. Just two days ago, Facebook announced they will launch a dating service; however the report says Carter will not be working on that. His exact role is not yet known.
Washé, a Boca Raton, Fla.-based mobile app that connects users to professional mobile car washers, received a $3.5m seed round from Ron Zuckerman, and will reportedly use the money to expand its Los Angeles presence, Finsmes reports. The company allows users to get on-demand car washes through its mobile app.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report April 11: Hulu and Spotify Announce Bundle Subscription
- Silicon Beach Report April 10: Poll Shows Facebook Least-Trusted Tech Company
- Silicon Beach Report May 17: Hulu Inks Deal with Vice
- Silicon Beach Report March 23: ServiceTitan Grabs $62 Million in Series C
- Silicon Beach Report: Uber to Test Air Taxis in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report April 2: Tesla Stock Drops
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: Snap Discussing Office in Saudi Arabia
- Silicon Beach Report March 20: UpKeep Lands $10 Million in Series A