Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm, announced March 13 that it has invested in El Segundo digital marketing company WPromote. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
WPromote advises clients including Los Angeles-based Forever 21 and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Founded by Michael Mothner, WPromote employs 350 people in eight offices.
“WPromote is one of the fastest and largest growing independent agencies in the country and we are excited to help them expand their foothold among companies looking to scale their businesses through digital marketing,” Steve Royer, partner at Shamrock Capital, said in a statement.
Shamrock’s investment is the first outside capital investment in Wpromote in its 17-year-history. Mothner will remain chief executive.
Formerly Roy Disney’s family investment company, Shamrock Capital is a 40-year-old firm that focuses on media and entertainment investments with $1.9 billion in assets under management, according to the company.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at email@example.com or (323)556-8332.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report March 13: OpenX Reports Over $170 Million in 2017 Revenue
- Shamrock Leads $30M Investment in AI-Generated Sports Content
- Shamrock Capital Sells Off Share of Theater Advertising Outfit
- Shamrock Capital Advisors Sheds Giant Creative Strategy for Up to $97M
- Shamrock Capital Invests in Video Licensing Firm
- Long Beach Back on Media Map
- More Layoffs at Weinstein Co., Bankruptcy Judge Approves Sale to Lantern
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: LUKE GUERRA