New York-based real estate venture capital firm MetaProp has launched a $40 million fund that has attracted CBRE Group Inc., RXR Realty and Cushman & Wakefield.
MetaProp II is a venture capital fund that invests in early-stage real estate and real estate technology-related firms. The fund closed on June 13.
The new fund reportedly is expected to invest in real estate technology such as 3-D printing, augmented reality, co-working, blockchain among others.
“We are seeing increasing momentum among property tech start-ups in our industry and our investment in MetaProp will expand our insight into this important ecosystem,” said Chandra Dhandapani, CBRE’s chief digital & technology officer.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO in the Works for Cushman & Wakefield
- El Segundo Campus Sold for $39 Million
- Long Beach Office Building Acquired for $35.8M, Sets Record
- Openpath Launches with $7 Million Raise
- Brokers Hold High Ground
- First Penthouse Tenant for Center West Building
- High Note for Baldwin Park Retail Development
- Two Commercial Properties in Commerce Sell for $77.6 Million