Binns exits Twitter, Catasys lands $10 million, Cargo lands in L.A.
Kristen Binns, former chief communications officer at Twitter Inc., has joined Activision Blizzard Inc. in Santa Monica, Reuters reported June 14. Binns had worked at Twitter since September 2016 and replaces Mary Osako, who left Activision Blizzard to pursue other opportunities.
Catasys Inc., a Los Angeles-based telehealth and AI company, announced June 14 that it received a total $10 million in a recent debt financing round. The funds are comprised of a $2.5 million receivable facility agreement with Heritage Bank of Commerce, and $7.5 million in term loans from Horizon Technology Finance Corporation. Catasys reports it will use these funds to expand its staff and draw up new contracts.
Cargo Systems Inc., headquartered in New York City, announced June 14 that its mobile commerce technology will be available in Ubers and Lyfts across Los Angeles for the first time. The company was founded in 2013, and its console-shaped boxes contain snacks and retail items riders can purchase, earning their drivers extra cash.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ride-Sharing Commerce Company Cargo Enters L.A
- Activision Blizzard Names New President; Leadership Team Members
- Blizzard’s Overwatch League Adds Two New Teams
- Minibar-in-a-Car on Way to Uber, Lyft in L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 11: Boring Engineers Use Xbox Controller for Digging
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 9: Bird Seeks Additional $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 26: Two Local Car Startups Raise $2M Each
- Cloud9 Plans New Esports Facility