It’s going to take a little more than magic for a group of Harry Potter fans pining for vegan butterbeer on the menu at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter parks at Universal Studios, including the Universal City location.
The Protego Foundation, an animal rights group made up of Potterheads, or die-hard Harry Potter fans, has collected 2,000 signatures in a bid to have vegan butterbeer as an option at the popular theme park.
Butterbeer is a drink from the fictional Harry Potter universe and is the inspiration behind its namesake drink sold at Universal Studios that have the Harry Potter attraction. It retails for $6.99 and up. Universal Studios did not return requests for comment.
“We are confident that this campaign will bring some good results to improve dining options for Wizarding World of Harry Potter guests for years to come,” Kathryn Henzler, spokeswoman for the Protego Foundation said via email.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jakks Pacific Adds Harry Potter Tech Wands
- Merchandising Magic May Enrich Universal’s Harry Potter Land
- Magical Opportunity To See Harry Potter’s World Early
- Crowd Conjurer?
- Universal Lifts the Veil on Harry Potter Park
- Universal Announces Harry Potter's Opening Date
- Gibson Amphitheatre Makes Way for Harry Potter
- First Disney, Now Universal Studios Hikes Prices