Bad Robot Productions
J.J. Abrams is founder and chief executive of film and TV production company Bad Robot Productions, which he runs with Bryan Burk. The Santa Monica company, formed in 2001, is behind movie blockbusters such as “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Star Trek Beyond” and “Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.” It is also responsible for the hit TV shows “Westworld,” “Lost,” “Alias,” “Fringe” and “Person of Interest.” The New York-born director, writer and producer was raised in Los Angeles, the son of TV producer Gerald W. Abrams and executive producer Carol Ann Abrams.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: J.J. Abrams
- J.J. ABRAMS
- J.J. Abrams, CAA Push Hollywood Toward Diversity
- Far, Far Away Now Means Santa Monica
- More ‘Wars’ Than ‘Star’ at Event Bar
- Silicon Beach Report June 8: CapLinked Joins with Civic Technologies
- Big Expectations for ‘Star Wars’
- Baseball Series Engenders Home Base at Studio