Los Angeles Chargers
Dean Spanos is the chairman of the Los Angeles Chargers. He heads the family-owned business, aided by son John, president of football operations, and A.G., president of business operations. Dean, himself the son of majority owner Alex Spanos, shepherded the franchise’s move from San Diego to Los Angeles last year. The team plays its home games in the StubHub Center in Carson for now, and will eventually shift to Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park in Inglewood, keystone of a development by Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke. The Spanos clan put a premium on establishing community ties as they look for a fan base alongside the Rams, who returned to L.A. a year before them. The team stumbled early last season, but ended strong, suggesting potential to make the playoffs this year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Los Angeles Chargers
- Sports Titans Profile: Dean Spanos
- Chargers Will Stay in San Diego – For Now
- Chargers Owner Alex Spanos, 95
- Chargers Seal Deal on Move to Los Angeles
- Chargers Chasing Northern Fan Base
- San Diego Chargers Agree to Orange County Office Lease
- 2020 VISION