Co-Chairman, Chief Investment Officer
Oaktree Capital Management
Bruce Karsh co-founded global alternative investment manager Oaktree in 1995 with Howard Marks. Oaktree as of March 2018 had $121 billion in assets under management. Karsh serves as portfolio manager for a number of the firm’s strategies, including Distressed Opportunities and Multi-Strategy Credit. Prior to co-founding Oaktree, Karsh was a managing director of TCW Asset Management Co. He previously worked as assistant to the chairman of SunAmerica Inc. An attorney by training, Karsh’s career also included a stint with O’Melveny & Myers and a clerkship for Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, who will retire on July 31, when the associate justice was a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Karsh is a member of the investment committee of the Broad Foundations and a trustee emeritus of Duke University. Karsh, who has an estimated net worth of $1.9 billion, is No. 36 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BRUCE KARSH
- Brookfield to Buy Majority $4.7B Stake in Downtown-Based Oaktree Capital Management
- LA 500: Bruce Karsh
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 38. BRUCE KARSH
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 30, Bruce A. Karsh
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Bruce Karsh - #33
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Bruce Karsh - #34
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: 28. Bruce A. Karsh