Sanrio Inc. promoted Craig Takiguchi to chief operating officer, replacing Ken Yamamoto, according to a Jan. 31 announcement from the Japanese brand licensor and originator of Hello Kitty.
Takiguchi, who has led business development at the company since 2016, was named COO of Sanrio Inc., the North American subsidiary of Tokyo’s Sanrio Co. He is based at the company’s North American headquarters in El Segundo.
Yamamoto will remain at Sanrio and will be involved in a liaison function between North America and Japan.
Takiguchi is the co-founder and former chief executive of Muginoho International, the parent company of Beard Papa’s Sweets Café.
Retail, restaurants and hospitality reporter Caroline Anderson can be reached at email@example.com.
You May Also Like
- Mattress Maker Plans Sales Safari in South Africa
- California Pizza Kitchen Names New CEO
- Owner of Counter Burger Chain Sold, Will Leave L.A.
- Who’s on First? It’s Hello Kitty!
- Former PayPal Exec Joins Macerich Board
- Jack Sinclair Named Chief Executive of 99 Cents Only Stores
- Key Deals: Mars Buys Veterinary Chain VCA for $9.1 Billion