Sanrio Inc. promoted Craig Takiguchi to chief operating officer, replacing Ken Yamamoto, according to a Jan. 31 announcement from the Japanese brand licensor and originator of Hello Kitty.
Takiguchi, who has led business development at the company since 2016, was named COO of Sanrio Inc., the North American subsidiary of Tokyo’s Sanrio Co. He is based at the company’s North American headquarters in El Segundo.
Yamamoto will remain at Sanrio and will be involved in a liaison function between North America and Japan.
Takiguchi is the co-founder and former chief executive of Muginoho International, the parent company of Beard Papa’s Sweets Café.
Retail, restaurants and hospitality reporter Caroline Anderson can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mattress Maker Plans Sales Safari in South Africa
- Owner of Counter Burger Chain Sold, Will Leave L.A.
- California Pizza Kitchen Names New CEO
- Jack Sinclair Named Chief Executive of 99 Cents Only Stores
- Former PayPal Exec Joins Macerich Board
- Brian Lee, Ron Burkle-backed Medical Apparel Startup Jaanuu Raises $5 Million from Retail Execs
- Key Deals: Mars Buys Veterinary Chain VCA for $9.1 Billion