Greenfly, a developer of a social media engagement program, raised an $8.5 million Series B round led by Alpha Edison.
Santa Monica-based Greenfly’s online platform is designed to help companies collaborate with a network of brand endorsers, staff, and passionate customers to create and share content. The system could be used, for example, to coordinate the announcement of a new product across hundreds of individual social accounts, and various social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The startup was founded in 2014, and was co-founded by its Chairman Shawn Green, a former LA Dodgers player, and its Chief Executive Daniel Kirschner, former head of corporate affairs at Activision Blizzard.
Earlier investors in the company including, Iconica Partners, Elysian Park, and Corazon Capital, also reinvested in the Series B round.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 25: Social Media Platform Greenfly Raises $8.5 Million
- Deals & Dealmakers: Fifth Wall Does Two More
- Silicon Beach Report May 31: Emagispace Raises $5+M, WME’s AI Deal, Pew’s Social Media Breakdown
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 10: Nasty Gal Files for Bankruptcy
- All Def Digital Secures $5 Million Series A
- Epoxy Raises $6.5 Million Series A
- Neural Analytics Inc. of Rancho Park Raises $15 Million in Latest Funding Round
- ProducePay Raises $14 Million Series B Round