Verity Health System, a nonprofit agency that governs St. Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles, has named Richard Adcock as its chief executive.
The Redwood City-based health care system, which oversees six hospitals in California that include St. Vincent and St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood, announced the promotion Thursday.
“Rich brings expert-level leadership and unrivaled experience acquired from some of the most impressive and competitive medical institutions in the world,” said Los Angeles billionaire Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, No. 1 on the Business Journal’s 2017 list of Wealthiest Angelenos and founder and head of NantWorks LLC, which acquired a majority stake in the company that manages the hospital chain in July for an undisclosed sum, in a statement.
Before joining Verity Health, Adcock was executive vice president and chief innovation officer for Sanford Health, a position he held since 2004. His resume also included stints at GE Medical Systems and Micro Medical Systems.
He will soon be based at a new Verity Health headquarters currently being set up in El Segundo, according to a NantWorks employee in Culver City answering a phone line for Verity.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
You May Also Like
- El Segundo-Based Operator of St. Vincent Medical Center Declares Bankruptcy
- Patrick Soon-Shiong’s NantWorks Acquires California Hospital Operator
- Deal Finalized for Daughters of Charity
- Soon-Shiong Set to Open El Segundo Cancer Clinic on July 11
- Deals & Dealmakers: Clearlake Makes $1.26B Sale
- Hospital Checkup
- Providence St. Joseph Health Consolidates 14 Hospitals in SoCal
- Providence on Trend With Strategic Direction