Private equity firm Marlin Equity Partners announced on Feb. 23 that it acquired AddStructure Inc., a developer of search and discovery applications for e-commerce companies, for an undisclosed amount.
The company’s SaaS platform uses machine learning and natural language processing software to analyze large amounts of consumer-generated content and deliver relevant product search results intended to help consumers make buying decisions on e-ecommerce websites. AddStructure is based in Chicago and had raised $2.4 million since its founding in 2014, according to Crunchbase.
Marlin Equity Partners of Hermosa Beach merged AddStructure with its portfolio company Bazaarvoice, an Austin-based developer of content suggestion engine software, as part of the deal.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Caltius Equity Partners Sells Vision Technology Solutions
- Fund Secures Side Deal
- The Money Book: David McGovern
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 16: ChowNow Integrated with Google Search
- Marlin Equity Acquires Health Care Software Firm
- Marlin Equity Partners Picks Up Majority Piece of Talkwalker
- Marlin Snaps Up Hospitality Television, Internet Providers
- OpenMail Buys InfoSpace for $45M