Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. announced a deal Aug. 10 to have priority in distributing films produced by self-described faith-based filmmakers Andrew Erwin, John Erwin, and Kevin Downes.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed beyond it being a multi-year agreement, and a message left with Lions Gate was not returned.
The biggest U.S. motion picture distributor outside of the big six studios, Santa Monica-based Lions Gate said in the release that it is starting a distribution banner, Kingdom, to focus on religious releases.
Erwin, Erwin & Downes teamed up for the Lions Gate-released “I Can Only Imagine,” a movie title borrowed from a song by Christian rock brand MercyMe.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You May Also Like
- Lions Gate To Distribute Disney Shows
- Lions Gate Signs Deal With OddLot
- Lions Gate, Saban Form Joint Venture
- Lion's Gate, After Dark form Pact
- TV, Film Producer Lions Gate Sharpens Focus on Distribution
- UPDATE: Lion's Gate vs. Image
- Update: Image Entertainment Calls Lions Gate Offer 'Low'
- Business Briefs: Lions Gate, Jakks Pacific, Sony Pictures Digital