AMC invests $20 million in Dreamscape Immersive, Google acquires Bitium and PodcastOne employee says he was told to inflate download numbers.
AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., the biggest cinema chain in the U.S., is investing at least $20 million in Dreamscape Immersive’s virtual-reality arcades and productions as growth stagnates for traditional moviegoing audiences, reports Bloomberg. Dreamscape Immersive will open a flagship location at the Westfield Century City Mall in Los Angeles in the first quarter of 2018.
Google announced on Tuesday that it acquired Bitium for an undisclosed amount, reports Venture Beat. Founded in March 2012, Bitium provides identity and access management services that let its customers give their employees a single login for multiple cloud services.
A former employee of PodcastOne - a network run by veteran radio exec Norman Pattiz - alleges that he was instructed to inflate download numbers in order to rip off advertisers, reports Variety. Raymond Hernandez filed a wrongful termination suit in L.A. Superior Court on Friday. In it, he claims that after raising objections about the fake numbers, Pattiz threatened him by brandishing a firearm.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Hubbard Radio Takes 30 Percent Stake in Podcast Network
- Norm Pattiz
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- LA 500: Norm Pattiz
- Silicon Beach Dec. 13: Online Bank Aspiration Raises $47 Million
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Aug. 7
- Deals & Dealmakers: Not So Slow for IPO Market
- Startup Hopes Employers Sign Up for Sign-In Service