Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
In his over twenty years of practice, Mark Scarsi has led high profile trial victories on behalf of some of the most preeminent technology companies. Scarsi is the Co-Managing Partner of Milbank’s Los Angeles office and head of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation & Technology practice.
In the past 18 month alone, Scarsi has been lead counsel in the significant IP litigation matters such as The Oneida Group Inc. v. Steelite Int’l U.S.A. Inc. Steelite International USA Inc. acquired the factory that has been supplying The Oneida Group Inc. (Scarsi’s client) with Oneida’s high-end dinnerware for almost twenty years and proclaimed that Steelite would become the exclusive provider of this dinnerware. As a result, Oneida sued Steelite and other defendants for infringement of the trade dress rights Oneida has in the dinnerware. Scarsi also successfully represented Google in Callwave Communications Inc., v. Google Inc., regarding a patent infringement suit brought by CallWave Communications LLC in Delaware over its patented method of determining the location of mobile platforms.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: RYAN YAGURA
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MARC A. FENSTER
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: CHARLES S. BARQUIST
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: BENJAMIN T. WANG
- Learning Ropes of Technology Takes Chu From Toys to TiVo
- Ballard Spahr Continues Stretch West With Office in L.A.
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MICHAEL DE VRIES