50. BEYONCÉ KNOWLES & SHAWN “JAY Z” CARTER
THE MONEY: Beyoncé’s self-produced album “Lemonade” was the No. 3 selling album of last year. Queen Bey kept her fans buzzing with a 49-stop world tour that grossed $256 million. The couple are co-owners of streaming music service Tidal, which sold a 33 percent stake to Sprint for $200 million in January. The ownership group also includes Madonna and Kanye West. Tidal was purchased from Aspiro for $56 million in 2015 and is now valued at $600 million. Jay Z also owns entertainment company RocNation and sold the rights to fashion brand Rocawear for $204 million in cash to Iconix Brand Group in 2007.
THE BUZZ: With 5-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy, attending school in Los Angeles, and twins on the way, Jay Z and Beyoncé have been looking to put down permanent roots on the West Coast and are reportedly in the market for a megamansion. The power couple remained unusually silent throughout the election until they produced a get-out-the-vote video with Chance the Rapper. Just days before the vote, the Carters organized a rally for Hillary Clinton. Beyoncé took home two Grammys for “Lemonade” but lost out on Album of the Year honors to Adele.
NET WORTH: $1.33 billion
LAST YEAR: Not on list
AGE: 35 (Beyoncé); 47 (Jay Z)
RESIDENCE: Holmby Hills
SOURCE OF WEALTH: Entertainment
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 49. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter & Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter
- Beyonce Knowles-Carter & Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Reportedly Make $120 Million Offer on Bel Air Mansion
- Jay-Z Signs Deal With Universal Music
- Jay Z Signs $200 Million Touring Pact With Live Nation
- Live Nation Close to Deal With Jay Z
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Stephen Bing - #48
- Game Maker’s House Home To Big Score