William Barron Hilton
Chairman Emeritus, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Retired chairman, president, and chief executive of Hilton Hotels Corp., Barron Hilton joined the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation in 1950 and served as board chair from 2007 to 2012. Hilton has committed the bulk of his personal fortune to the foundation bearing his father’s name. He stepped down from the board in 2014 after 64 years of distinguished service. In 1960, he founded the Los Angeles Chargers professional football team and one year later moved the franchise to San Diego. He is a veteran of the United States Navy, having served during World War II.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- William Barron Hilton
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: William Barron Hilton
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: William Barron Hilton - #15
- LA 500: Steven M. Hilton
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 12. WILLIAM BARRON HILTON
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 14, William Barron Hilton
- 10. William Barron Hilton
- 50 Wealthiest: William Barron Hilton #16