Owner, Orpheum Theatre
Steve Needleman’s father, Jack Needleman, bought the Orpheum Theatre more than 50 years ago. In 2001, Steve Needleman spent $3.5 million to renovate the aging but iconic venue. That year, the operators’ lease ran out, so he took control of operations as well. Needleman also developed the Orpheum Lofts above the theater. The Orpheum has played host to some of the most venerable names in show business since 1923. In recent years, it’s become a popular filming location.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Steve Needleman
- ENTERTAINMENT---Vibrant Nightlife Seen as Crucial to Downtown Strategy
- Renovations, Loft Projects, New Mall Dress Up Area
- Page 3: Santana’s Future; Needleman’s Voice; Cassell’s Cobb
- Modern or Vintage, L.A.'s Live Theater Venues Are Thriving
- Local Venues Help Revive Music Industry
- Some Stars Get the Picture, Others Don’t
- Ahead of the Curve