Robert K. Ross
Chief Executive, California Endowment
Dr. Robert K. Ross has headed the California Endowment, a health foundation established in 1996 to address the health needs of Californians, since 2000. Ross previously served as director of the Health and Human Services Agency for San Diego County from 1993 to 2000, and commissioner of public health for the city of Philadelphia from 1990 to 1993. His service includes: medical director for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and faculty member at San Diego State University’s School of Public Health. He is a diplomate of the American Academy of Pediatrics and serves on the President’s Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for African Americans, Diversity in Philanthropy Coalition, and the USC Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Restructuring Practice Running, Akin Gump Partner Leaves Firm
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Santa Monica Gets $2.5M to Study Cancer in African-American Men
- Corporations Make Donations Without Whole Explanation
- FOUNDATION - Health Care Endowment Planning a Move to Downtown
- WHO'S WHO---Local Forces Playing Key Roles in Patient Rights Issue
- Health Column