Robert F. Maguire III
Principal, Maguire Investments
Robert F. Maguire III helped shape the L.A. skyline in the 1980s and 1990s as co-managing partner, with Jim Thomas, of Maguire Thomas Partners. By developing Library Square, including Wells Fargo Center, Grand Place, and the Library Tower, they made possible the saving and renovation of the historic Central Library, the largest public library west of Chicago and a renowned research institution. Subsequent developments include a partnership with DivcoWest to own, operate, and further develop the Water’s Edge office campus in Playa Vista. A UCLA alumnus, Maguire’s community service includes directorships and trusteeships at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Performing Arts Center, the Music Center, the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, the UCLA Foundation, St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, and Urban Land Institute.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank Tower Developer to Build Office for Creative Firms
- LA 500: Jim Thomas
- INTERVIEW---Robert F. Maguire III
- Page 3: Maguire, Flanigan, Cho & Soon-Shiong
- Battle-Hardened Maguire Stays Active in Slow Market
- Maguire Plans to Take Company Private
- Featured Profile: Real Estate Attorney Susan Fowler McNally