Chairman, Dalian Wanda Group
Jianlin Wang has served as the chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group since 1989. The company is developing One Beverly Hills, a $1.2 billion hotel and condominium project. It also acquired Legendary Entertainment in a $3.5 billion deal in 2016. The company is one of the world’s largest movie theater operators as well as China’s largest real estate developer. In 2016, Wang reached a deal with FIFA to expand the World Cup to China. He has been the economic consultant of Yunnan province, as well as a construction consultant of the Guiyang government.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wanda to Compete with Shanghai Disneyland
- Hollywood’s New Power Broker: Wang Jianlin
- Lions Gate Rises on News of Wanda Talks
- Busted Deals Don’t Raise Fear of China-Hollywood Breakup
- Mogul Plans to Build World's Biggest Film Studio in China
- Chinese Companies Take Larger Role in Hollywood
- Film Studio Plan in China Has a Hollywood Following
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 44. THOMAS TULL