Chief Executive, Parker Foundation
In June 2015, philanthropist and entrepreneur Sean Parker announced a $600 million contribution to launch the Parker Foundation to focus on life sciences, global public health, and civic engagement. He is a co-founder of file-sharing service Napster and former Facebook president. He joined venture capital firm the Founders Fund in 2005 as a managing partner and worked there for nearly 10 years. He also co-founded Causes, which developed an application for Facebook users to mobilize groups of people for the purposes of advocacy and to solicit donations for philanthropic purposes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sean Parker
- 3. Sean Parker
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 4, Sean Parker
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 3. SEAN PARKER
- Two LA Venture Capitalists Help Launch Think Tank
- Billionaire Philanthropist Eli Broad Announces Retirement
- Sean Parker's Institute Backs Cancer Firm ImaginAb's $8M Funding Round
- Sean Parker Starts Cancer Immunotherapy Effort