West Hollywood’s Sunset Group has purchased a high-rise multifamily property, known as the Current, in downtown Long Beach for $132.9 million, according to data from real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle.
Sunset Group on Wednesday confirmed the deal, which JLL said closed last month.
Westchester-based Anderson Pacific, San Diego-based Ledcor Properties Inc. and Canada-based Qualico Developments Inc. developed the 17-story, 223-unit apartment tower at 705 E. Ocean Blvd., which opened in July 2016. The $100 million project hit the market in February.
The buyer, formerly known as Studio Management Services, made headlines in February when it sold Hollywood Center Studios to Hudson Pacific Properties Inc. for $200 million.
The Current, which has a 10,000-square-foot plaza and 6,150 square feet of retail space, was part of a two-tower project with the companion 35-story tower expected to break ground this year. It was the first high-rise luxury apartment complex to be constructed in Long Beach in over 50 years, according to Ledcor.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LB High-Rise Fetches Towering $133 Million
- Hollywood: Rising Rents Expected to Stick Around After More Space Opens
- Dallas Duo Kicks Up Sand With PCH Purchase
- Hotelier Jeff Klein Set to Buy Sunset Tower Hotel
- HOLLYWOOD: Sky’s the Limit on Development After Height Restrictions Lifted
- West Hollywood Sunset Tower Hotel Targets $100M Sale
- New Development Plan Fails to Dazzle Entertainment Capital
- Rents Rise in Hollywood as ‘Good Stuff’ Attracts Premium Prices