Chairman and Chief Executive, Platinum Equity
Tom Gores founded Platinum Equity in 1995, guiding the strategic development and direction of both the private equity firm and its portfolio over the last three decades. Gores maintains an active interest in the arts, serving on the board of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Early in his career, Gores was an active investor in smaller businesses, where companies often trade principally on their good word and ability to follow through on what they promise. Here he developed his principles of empowerment, hard work, and integrity.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tom Gores
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 22. TOM GORES
- Private Equity Firms Platinum, Gores Group, Sell Data Blue to Court Square Capital Partners
- Platinum Equity, Gores Group Sell IT Company
- 50 Wealthiest: Tom Gores #15
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 24, Tom Gores
- The Money Book: Tom Gores
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Tom Gores - #13