Thomas Barrack Jr.
Executive Chairman, Colony Northstar Inc.
Thomas J. Barrack Jr. is executive chairman of Colony NorthStar Inc., which was formed with the 2016 merger of his private equity firm Colony Capital with Northstar Asset Management and NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. Colony NorthStar is now the nation’s fifth-largest real estate investment trust. He founded Colony Capital in 1991 and most recently served as executive chairman. Prior to that he was a principal with the Robert M. Bass Group, the principal investment vehicle of the Fort Worth, Texas, investor Robert M. Bass. He also served in the Reagan administration as deputy undersecretary of the Department of the Interior. In 2010, French president Nicolas Sarkozy knighted him as a Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur. In 2017, Barrack served as the chairman of President Donald Trump’s Inaugural Committee. He was also a senior adviser to the Trump Presidential Campaign. He sits on the boards of France’s Carrefour, the second-largest retailer in the world, and First Republic Bank.
You May Also Like
- Thomas Barrack Jr.
- REIT Colony Capital Announces NorthStar Merger
- The Money Book: Thomas Barrack Jr.
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 55. THOMAS BARRACK
- Barrack’s Colony Capital in Talks to Buy Weinstein Co.
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Thomas Barrack Jr. - #30
- Newly Merged Firm Springs Into Large Venture
- Barrack Engineers Merger of Home Rental Businesses