Chief Content Officer, Netflix
Ted Sarandos has led content acquisition for Netflix since 2000. With more than 20 years’ experience in the home entertainment business, Sarandos is recognized as a key innovator in the acquisition and distribution of films and television programs. With the 2013 releases of “House of Cards,” “Hemlock Grove,” “Arrested Development,” “Orange Is the New Black,” and other shows, he led the transformation of Netflix into an original content producer, and changed the rules of how serialized TV is produced, released, and distributed globally. In its first two years of releasing original series, documentary films, children’s shows, and comedy specials, Netflix was recognized by the film and TV industries with 45 Emmy, 15 Daytime Emmy, two Oscar, and 10 Golden Globe nominations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ted Sarandos
- TED SARANDOS
- FilmL.A. Reports First Quarter Declines in On-Location Shooting
- Garcetti Lauds Netflix’s California Commitment
- Netflix vs. the Hollywood Studios
- Shonda Rhimes
- Library Purchaser Looks To Turn Up Deal Volume
- Executives at Streaming Services Increase Content Production Across Hollywood