Chief Executive, Virgin Galactic and Spaceship Co.
George Thomas Whitesides is responsible for guiding all aspects of building what is planned to be the world’s first commercial space line, including Virgin Galactic’s spaceflight program and its launch capability for small satellites. This also includes oversight of Spaceship Co., its sister company. Prior to Virgin Galactic, Whitesides served as chief of staff for NASA. Upon departure from NASA, he received the Distinguished Service Medal, the highest award the agency confers. Whitesides is on Caltech’s Space Innovation Council, is a fellow of the U.K. Royal Aeronautical Society, and has served on the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Space Security.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- George Whitesides
- NASA Announces SpaceShipTwo Payloads
- Virgin Galactic Spins off Satellite Launch Division
- Saudis to Invest $1B in Virgin Galactic, Virgin Orbit
- Virgin Galactic to Manufacture Rocket in Long Beach
- Virgin Galactic Inks Deal for Italian Spacecraft
- Virgin Galactic Begins Test Flights of Commercial Spaceship
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 26: Saudis to Invest $1B in Virgin Galactic, Virgin Orbit