Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, Los Angeles Times Media Group
Davan Maharaj oversees the largest daily news-gathering organization in the West. It includes the flagship Los Angeles Times and LATimes.com; Times Community News, which consists of six suburban daily and weekly newspapers and websites; and the Spanish-language Hoy and Fin de Semana newspapers and websites. The primary focus of the operation is the Times’ newsroom, which consists of staffers who work in Los Angeles as well as foreign and national bureaus. Maharaj, who has been at the Times for more than 28 years, added publisher to his title in March 2016. He was named editor and executive vice president in 2011. Previously, he served as managing editor, a role he assumed in 2008.
You May Also Like
- Tribune Pledges ‘Content First’ Culture for L.A. Times
- Maharaj Named Editor-Publisher of Los Angeles Times
- Top Editors Ousted, New Leadership Named at Los Angeles Times
- Editor Russ Stanton to Leave Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Journalists Again Propose Union
- Times Names New Business Editor
- Will New Chief Deliver for Times?
- L.A. Times Replaces Editor-in-Chief