Chief Executive, Belkin International
Chet Pipkin launched Belkin International in 1983 out of his parent’s garage in Southern California. He manufactured computer cables and sold them to local computer manufacturers and dealers in response to the growing personal computer market in the ’80s. Today, Belkin International has evolved into three global brands: Belkin, WeMo, and Linksys. The Belkin brand focuses on ease of use, while the Linksys brand pioneered wireless connectivity in the home around the globe. The WeMo brand is focused on delivering customizable smart-home experiences.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Chet Pipkin
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 29. CHET PIPKIN
- Best Places to Work 2017: Belkin International Values People and Relationships
- Foxconn Acquires Belkin for $866 Million
- Smart-Home Business Sees Utility in Water, Power
- Electronics Company Gets Line on Router Maker
- Belkin Grows Home Network Business With Linksys Acquisition
- Electronics Company Pedals Image