President, AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Michael Weinstein is the president of AIDS Healthcare Foundation. Before becoming involved in HIV/AIDS-related issues in the 1980s, he was a businessman and graphic designer. As president and co-founder of AHF, he oversees an $1.3 billion organization whose mission is to provide “cutting-edge medicine and advocacy regardless of ability to pay.” AHF currently serves 606,413 clients in the United States, Africa, Latin/America and the Caribbean, the Asia/Pacific region and Eastern Europe. In order to help finance some of the many services AHF provides, Weinstein created the popular Out of the Closet thrift store chain, the nation’s largest AIDS-related retail business. Active in local politics, under Weinstein’s guidance, AHF was a primary backer of Measure S, an anti-development ballot measure in Los Angeles.
You May Also Like
- Michael Weinstein
- AIDS Charity Turns Ire on L.A.
- AIDS Group Rips Rival for Taking Walk
- 2017 CFO Awards Finalist: Lyle Honig, Aids Healthcare Foundation
- AHF Demands L.A. County Enforce Condom Law
- A Step Back For Local AIDS Walk?
- THRIFT---Second-Hand, But Stylish
- Condom Measure to Make Ballot, Backers Say