Michael S. Burke
Chairman and Chief Executive, Aecom
Michael S. Burke is chairman and chief executive of engineering giant Aecom. Burke joined the company in 2005, was named chief financial officer in 2006 and president in 2011. He directed the company’s 2007 initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. During 2014, Burke led Aecom’s purchase of URS Corp., an $11 billion deal. Prior to joining Aecom, Burke served as western area managing partner at accounting firm KPMG, which he joined in 1990. Burke is a member of the board of Rentech, a publicly traded company providing clean energy solutions. He also is a member of the board of LA 2024, the committee seeking to bring the 2024 Olympic Games to Los Angeles.
Enjoy most: I’m energized by the talent, passion and commitment of our people at Aecom who design and build projects that improve our communities.
Proudest moment: All the ways this company is building a better world and delivering transformative solutions.
Best advice: Set a clear and compelling vision and then surround yourself with an extraordinary team to help you achieve it.
Beverage: Red wine.
You May Also Like
- All About Strategy: How Aecom’s Michael Burke Built a Behemoth
- Michael S. Burke
- Aecom Names CEO Successor
- Aecom Reports Strong First Quarter Earnings
- Briefs: Wilshire Associates Opens China Office, Aecom CEO Named Chairman, New Boss at Marlborough School
- Aecom Invests in Denver Project
- Aecom CEO to Add Chairman Title, New President Named
- Investment Pays Project Rewards