Chief Executive, Science Inc.
A longtime entrepreneur and adviser, Michael Jones has spent his career growing businesses ranging from early stage startups to private equity-backed assets to public media companies. He is co-founder and chief executive of Science Inc., a company that builds and invests in tech businesses by bringing together the best ideas, talent, resources, and financing through a centralized platform. He has founded, built, and sold more than 30 online and mobile businesses.
Enjoy most: Working with individuals that have big plans and using what’s at my disposal to help them accomplish their dreams.
Toughest challenge: To find and surround yourself with people who have the wholehearted drive, stamina, and ability to make their big dreams a reality.
Most excited: I’m eager to see what the next 40 years of technical innovation will look like when I reach my father’s age.
Best advice: Make sure to pre-validate your concept so that it is well-received by your customers.
Alma Mater: BS, University of Oregon.
Bucket list: Solve a human rights issue.
Hobby/passion: I love to travel.
Favorite destination: Japan.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ex-Myspace Chief Hatches Hybrid Incubator
- Incubator Turns Up Heat With Additional Services
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs: Josef Holm
- STYLE | Incubation Station: Mike Jones | Science Inc.
- Internet Friend
- Influential Investment Bankers in Los Angeles: Jonathan Zucker
- Sequencing Venture Capital
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs: Babak Razi