Chief Executive, L.A. Apparel Inc.
Dov Charney is an industrialist and entrepreneur. At age 20 he started American Apparel, a T-shirt business that soon became the largest clothing manufacturing operation in the United States. He was chief executive at the company, which focuses on American-made and environmentally friendly products, until 2014. American Apparel launched as a wholesaler but eventually branched into retail sales. In 2008, Charney was named Retailer of the Year at the Michael Awards, a fashion industry mainstay. In 2016, Charney launched a new clothing company called L.A. Apparel.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Dov Charney Refuses to Fold
- Dov Charney’s Los Angeles Apparel Inks Deal with American Apparel Distributor
- Charney: ‘No Shot’ for Fair Chance to Buy Company
- Fast-Fashion Chain Makes Room for Another Brand
- Could Dov Charney Sew Up New Gig?
- CEO Denies American Apparel Ready to Fold
- Dov Charney Back in Fashion?
- American Apparel Bankruptcy a Roadblock for Charney