Chief Executive, L.A. Apparel Inc.
Dov Charney is an industrialist and entrepreneur. At age 20 he started American Apparel, a T-shirt business that soon became the largest clothing manufacturing operation in the United States. He was chief executive at the company, which focuses on American-made and environmentally friendly products, until 2014. American Apparel launched as a wholesaler but eventually branched into retail sales. In 2008, Charney was named Retailer of the Year at the Michael Awards, a fashion industry mainstay. In 2016, Charney launched a new clothing company called L.A. Apparel.
You May Also Like
- Dov Charney Refuses to Fold
- Dov Charney’s Los Angeles Apparel Inks Deal with American Apparel Distributor
- Charney Reacts to Firing, Yahoo Reports
- Could Dov Charney Sew Up New Gig?
- American Apparel CEO Dov Charney on Pushing Boundaries
- Charney: ‘No Shot’ for Fair Chance to Buy Company
- Charney Has More to Say About Woody
- Fast-Fashion Chain Makes Room for Another Brand